🇻🇳 Vietnam Cash Withdrawal Fees - Where to find the best ATMs with lowest fees

Chris

• Founder & Company Director

It is a good idea to have a bank card that uses the interbank exchange rate. You will still however need to pay an ATM charge when withdrawing money in Vietnam, I have yet to find a free one.

This topic will be updated as to the costs of withdrawing from different bank cash machines in Vietnam. 

For the best exchange rate always choose for your own bank to do the currency conversion rate, do not choose the ATMs bank as this will give you a much worse exchange rate. 

Most ATMs in Vietnam have a withdrawal limit of about 3m dong (around $123 USD or £98.58 GBP at the time of writing) I had however found one bank last year that had a higher limit of around 5-6m dong (effectively reducing the withdrawal charge) 

Banks used in HCMC:

UPDATE:

- VP Bank NO FEE, a rare find as all to the other ATMs (some of which were recorded below) charged a fee. This ATM has no fee. There are not a huge amount of them around so you may want to get out a larger amount of cash to keep some on you, or some at your apartment/hotel rather than ran out of cash and need to withdraw form an ATM that charges.

Unsure on the withdrawal limit, likely at least 5-6m as took out over the 3m usual limit of other ATMs and it workedS 

- MB Bank 49.5k dong fee (unsure on max withdrawal amount currently but 3m withdrew no problems) 

- TECHCOMBANK 66k dong fee

Da Lat

Presuming the same for HCMC

ACB bank - NO fee if European issued Visa card. If elsewhere or Mastercard then 55k fee. (Vietnamese issued cards no fee)

If any of these are incorrect please let us know by commenting below and we can update :classic_smile: if you have any more to add and details please comment below. 

Edited by Chris
  • Like 1

Updated with info on new bank found that has no ATM fee (note that your bank still may impose a charge depending on who you bank with) :) 

If you can find any other banks with no ATM fees in Vietname or have information for different cities please post below for other members.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, vietnamdulich said:

ATM withdrawal fees have been regulated and unified throughout the banking system. I have never heard of free withdrawals

Thanks. It is possible for European cards, as in my initial post. I have done this many times personally, as well as friends, and confirmed the information on the screen, so I know it is possible with the banks mentioned above, but yet to find others. :) 

I believe always some fees for Vietnamese cards? though they are lower, The fees above are for European cards. 

So to confirm:

- VP Bank NO FEE, a rare find as all to the other ATMs (some of which were recorded below) charged a fee. This ATM has no fee. There are not a huge amount of them around so you may want to get out a larger amount of cash to keep some on you, or some at your apartment/hotel rather than ran out of cash and need to withdraw form an ATM that charges.

ACB bank - NO fee if European issued Visa card. If elsewhere or Mastercard then 55k fee. (Vietnamese issued cards no fee)

• Like 1