Hanoi Train Street Guide and Schedule 🚂

Sam

Have you seen this iconic spot in movies or on Instagram reels? Welcome to one of the most Instagrammable spots in Hanoi, Vietnam—Train Street.

photo1707636057.jpeg

Built by the French in 1902, this track remains an active rail line as of 2024. The train passes by at 3 PM and 7 PM daily, running along the rail line between Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City in the south.

If you're lucky, you'll catch the train passing by. There are tracks on both sides—one on the left and one on the right. I've tried both sides, and they offer similar experiences. But let me help you increase your luck; here's the timetable for the passing trains.

photo1707636057 (1).jpeg

Keep in mind that even if the time is listed, the train may not come through. Your best bet is to visit after 7 PM.

I recommend heading to one of the cafes and sitting upstairs for an amazing view. Alternatively, you can choose to sit downstairs to be closer to the train tracks. It all depends on how you want to experience it.

Based on personal experience and feedback, the coffee at the Train Street cafes leaves much to be desired compared to other cafes in Hanoi. They're primarily for show and profit. The average cost of coffee is around 50k at the train street.

Enjoy your time and capture some nice pictures. Stay safe! 📸

Train Street Location: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hanoi+Train+Street/@21.0301079,105.844027,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x6fc790a6864444f8?sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiL1q-q4aKEAxUHwTgGHZAuA3kQ_BJ6BAgVEAA